Thursday 14 August 2008

The essential British checklist

As Benji sets off to the continent full of fear and trepidation, I'm still readapting to like back in the good ol' UK. It's been hard, believe me. My Coventry English is now very poor indeed. We have little words like gamboll, tip-top and backie that are easy to forget and harder to remember... If only the local radio had subtitles...

Still, to celebrate my return I've been slowly ticking off all the British experiences I've been hankering after for the best part of 14 months:

Scotch eggs: 1 (handmade)
Real ales: 5
Tea: 15
Bovrils: 1
Pies: 1
Puddings: 7
Crumbles: 1
Getting rained on: 8
Night out with lairy men in white checked shirts: 1

I still need a full english breakfast, a cornish pasty and a sunday roast. The cravings are unbearable. I feel like the ever-pregnant Kerry Katona...

No comments: