Thursday 29 May 2008

Addiction

Addiction is a terrible thing. It can lead a perfectly sane person to do some truly awful things. Apparantly sex is now an addiction these days, but this is generally seen as a grey area, a lot like spanking.. because you are "Technically" hitting a woman.
Some addictions are fairly mild, or even funny little quirks. I personally am addicted to Chocolate Crunchy Nut Clusters, this I have found to be an expensive addiction because you only get 3 Benji sized bowlfuls for your £2.89. I'd buy a bigger box if they sold them, but then a box that size would cost a billion pounds and I would either have to go on the game or enter a career of petty crime to fund my addiction.

Then there is Mrs. Hardcore's Tea and coffee addiction, well I call it a fetish. We have an entire cupboard in our kitchen dedicated like some caffiene shrine. Expensive and weird teas from around the globe just breeding in the cupboard.. never gets drunk, no no, this is ornamental tea, it is to be enjoyed with the eye. Alot like our £150 wine collection, I fucking hate wine, so why do we have it?

Which brings me onto another addiction of hers quite nicely. Her need to amass an endless pile of clothes and shoes. You couldn't imagine the nightmare of moving into our apartment, you truly couldn't. There are whole outfits in there I've never even seen before, because she buys them to have them and never uses them. I was beginning to suspect she had infact been running a sweatshop in the loft.

Joe on the other hand, is a totally different animal. We share some addictions, such as our quest for the Manliest potato based crisp snack, and for the perfect chips, cheese and gravy combination. Whatever you do though, do not deprive him of him biscuits, it won't end well as this artist's rendering shows;

No comments: