Sunday 6 July 2008

The dawning of the age of the metro.

Apologies for not getting back in time to update again yesterday but I had yoga, then pilates, then we went to a fairtrade wheatgrass bar, then I had to come home and apply my afternoon cream, my early evening cream, my evening cream and my night cream.

One thing I've noticed for sure is that all this taking care of yourself takes a bloody long time, how people do it all the time I'll never know. Everything is "Rub in and leave for 40 minutes", there are only so many 40 minutes in the day where you can sit without moving your face.

However, there has been an interesting development, since I started this experiment I have come into some money.. twice and I've been asked to attend a selection test for a job with much better pay and prospects, so maybe it's all worth it after all.

Other things have happend too, I've started to appreciate Eddie Izzard and the benefits of a tidy kitchen. It turns out I don't mind gay men so much, as long as they don't touch me and I feel less inclined to hang myself whenever Gok Wan is on tv.

This isn't to say the experience has got any easier, warehouse work and hand cream don't mix and avoiding additives in my food is proving near impossible on the budget I have and weirdly while I figured that would be the area I would expect to see the most improvement, I feel no better. I may just go out and drink a whole 24 pack of coca-cola now, Id least then I'd have some energy.

I've been moving so slowly, people have started thinking I've had an aneurysm, no wonder the cavaliers lost to the roundheads, their limp wristed swordsmanship was a recipe for disaster and silken cloth and a fancy hat, while the height of style, don't quite off the same protection as say, armour might.

The metro movement is no use for so many important tasks, but luckily we live in the modern age where appearance is everything and I feel I could just win this challenge.

No comments: