Wednesday 16 July 2008

Introduction

Well, let me start with the obligatory apology for the amount of hostility contained in my last post. I was on the brink of insanity (brought on by a lack of sleep caused by the snoring of three Fijians for a constant 2 months) but have recovered and am now ready to fully dedicate myself to the fray.

That is, if my superiors give me enough time off work. We're very busy you see, what with having to finish dealing with the likes of Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Afghanistan, Serbia, Iraq, Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, The Congo and, of course, marching up and down bits of concrete in London.


So, Ben, my good man, should I bother with an introduction? Or are our patrons people we already know?
Having mulled this conundrum over, I've come to the conclusion that there is so little to write about myself there seems little point in the first instance. I shall consider it.



Now, having just read the interview that Ben and Ravi gave to The Pakistan Spectator I have at least two trains of thought;

Firstly, that it was completely pointless, as everybody knows that Pakistan is poor. Poor people can't buy newspapers. If they can afford to buy newspapers then they certainly can't afford English lessons.

Secondly, I was never informed that this blog, this work in progress, was such a serious endeavour. I was under the impression it was simply a medium for me to be a sexist arsehole. As it is, I now feel compelled to censor myself. I don't really have any serious thoughts on any serious issues, I'm not entirely sure I'm bright enough to formulate them.
The most serious thing I've said today was to sing "Whitby's Mum - - - Has got it going on!" at a colleague.

As I'm told on a daily basis, "You're not paid to show initiative."


I'm genuinely struggling to think of something to say. I need some brain foodage.

I will post when I discover a topic I can have a meaningful mull over. One that won't cause me to become so irate that I froth all over my laptop.

1 comment:

Benji Hardcore said...

permission to be a sexist arsehole? granted. :p