Monday 28 July 2008

The Hardcore Effect Awards 2008

First off, I have to say that we are all in total agreement with Ravi on the Keytar issue. That particular instrument receives our highest recommendation, not only does it ooze cool but they can look trluy amazing teamed with a spangly jacket and whitened teeth, Joe very much wanted to learn the keytar and the synth with ideals of legally changing his name to "Synthesiser Joe", if he did that, I would finally mail off my ridculous deed poll, along with Simon [Jonny McGay] and Chris [Todd Powers].

As usual though, I'm digressing. Its almost time for me to take the Hardcore Tour to Cannes, Antibes, Paris and Monaco (mmm.. glamourous), and all this glitz got me thinking and after some frank and open discussion on the matter its been decided that its time for the first annual Hardcore Awards. I'll be collecting nominations in various categories from the other bloggers and the votes will be collated on an indepedent site only too happy to receive its fair share of frankly impressive traffic volume for such a young blog.

Nominations will be taken and presented from a week on friday and voting will be open for 2 weeks in categories such as;

The "If I were gay, I would" Award
The Hardcore Effect Award for products with a stupid design flaw
Most Pointless Website
The "It would be fucking hilarious if it wasn't so tragic" award
Most innovative use of genitalia
Irresponsible parent of the year
Dickhead of the year
The Best blog that isn't ours award
and many others

Promises also that we'll be in contact with as many of the winners as we can. Speaking of which keep an eye out in the coming days because I'll be interviewing a man who makes a living out of masturbating onto his girlfriend's possessions and filming her reaction.. seriously.. no shit.

Also, If I can raise Ravi and Kabbyo, theres some interesting interview work afoot for those guys so keep em peeled.

Finally, as always any and all category suggestions for the awards are welcome, because we arent bothering with any actual physical awards.

No comments: