Sunday 15 June 2008

What an Outrage!

Frankly, Sweden were robbed. That is all there is to it, and yes Larsson's Codpiece was out for its annual scraping and of course than man in the shop supported Spain, and yes, he will be lynched by my hordes.

Take all that aside though, and just imagine if we'd claimed that point. Picking Sweden was very much like picking Minardi, Eddie the Eagle or Plymouth Argyle. I chose the plucky underdog.. and everyone loves an underdog with the possible exception of Jean Todt.

That one point would have thrown the group wide open and left Adam in line for a severe but fair cock-slapping from my good self. I'm not concerned though, after all its Spain and sooner or later something will make them fuck it all up, its inevitable.

Perhaps Fernando Torres' donkey will escape, or David Villa will get distracted by his spouse, and end up having a blazing pitchside row, which involves alot of arm expression, slapping and speaking unnaturally fast or maybe someone will play their national anthem - "The Mexican Hat Dance" - and they will all have to take siesta and sleep in deck chairs with straw hats over their eyes in respect. Either way, it will happen.

I've already started on a lego voodoo doll of David Villa, and if it works, he'll soon find himself nothing but a mere puddle, inside my microwave.

For now though, I turn my attention to the Russians, who have sobered up long enough to beat Greece. I consider them a threat, in the same way Ravi considers a Smorgasbord a Sandwich. I don't. Sure, as a Rangers fan, I kicked a few heads in after Zenit St. Petersburg, and learned the Russians are not to be underestimated after the met England in qualifying.

However, we must look at the facts. This is a team who spent 75 years queueing for a loaf of bread and some vinegar under communism, are they really going to have the energy left to beat Sweden? They will probably be distracted by all the Mafia hits they have to complete whilst there, the spying and the hunting reindeer for the harsh winters. The only real incentive to win is to avoid serving their remaining years in a Siberian Gulag.. which is just what happend to Dmitri Kharine. His crazy love of all things western; Money, Girls, Disco, Lack of police beatings, Freedom of speech, No chechen rebels and more money, meant he was never the Premier's favourite bloke really.

Guus Hiddink, a man with unlikely hair and a head shaped like Chippolata, encourages his players to swear in training and to joke about each others clubs. It isn't Sweden thats a stoned Dutch media studies project, its the Russian national football team.

They are shakier at the back than a Parkinson's sufferer operating a pneumatic drill and the Berezutsky twins are frankly the worst headers of the ball in the World today.

Freddie Ljungberg will use his dazzling looks to distract Aleksandr Anyukov, who I suspect holds a subscription to "Big boys in boots" magazine, Larsson will distract older team members by complaining, comparing ailments, sharing stories that don't go anywhere and misleading them into believeing its Pension day and they should be queueing in the post office, and Ibrahimovic, fresh from his acupuncture session, will use his newly realigned chakras to boot it home. Simple.

Bring it on I say.

6 comments:

Dr Brainspiller said...

How does it feel to be a loser dude? I reckon Russia will beat Sweden hands down with Arshavin back in the team and Ibrahimovic isn't even certain to play! Even if he does he'll probably limp off at half time again like a wimp assed bitch. lmao. As for the Germans, don't even get me started, I hope Austria wipe the smug grin off their faces. Even if Austria fail to do it there's no doubt that Portugal will. I hope Romania go through in group C too, mainly because I'll win £32 if they win the tournament. All they have to do is beat a second string Dutch side. That would make the quaters bittersweet for me though, as I'll then either lose money or my dignity, but if Sweden and Germany go out in the group stages at least I'll have more dignity left than you guys. Go Spain!

Dr Brainspiller said...

Oh, and why haven't you put my celebrity death predictions up pussy? I posted them ages ago! If fat-bastard McRuick dies and I don't get the credit I shall be most pissed!

Ravi said...

Wow- I sense pure rage in your posts Adam. You sound like the kind of fellow who drinks the blood of his enemies.

Dr Brainspiller said...

Nah, these are friendly posts! You haven't heard me ranting yet! :-)

Dr Brainspiller said...

Oh, and it's nice to see that hardcore pulled his finger out and put up my death predictions. Cheers dude, one of them has to go (probably McRuick) and when they do I want the credit!

Benji Hardcore said...

you're welcome, I think hes a favourite really. Totally has it coming, as I said. well chosen.